This position is part-time, up to 24 hours per week. The starting pay is Ohio minimum wage. Evening, weekend, and day shifts will be required. Reliable transportation is a consideration, as this position requires travel to all four Meigs County Library locations.
Minimum qualifications, competencies and physical demands include:
- High school diploma preferred
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, email, printing, etc.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations
- Perform circulation desk routines: answering reference questions, checking materials in and out, answering phone calls, taking requests for materials, organizing items for shipment, etc.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Assist users with computer software, accessing Internet sites, and other technology as needed
- Become familiar with the library operating system, as well as the digital collections
- Shelve materials
216 W. Main St.
Pomeroy, Oh 45769
The application may also be emailed to email@example.com.
To apply in person, inquire at any Meigs County Library location.