Applications are always accepted and will be kept on file for 6 months.
Come work with us! We are now hiring!! There are multiple positions available:
- Eastern Library circulation clerk. Candidate must be availble for 10 am - 6 pm shifts and weekends. Some evenings at the Pomeroy Library.
- Pomeroy Library circulation clerk. Candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends with some day shifts.
This position is part-time, up to 24 hours per week. Reliable transportation is a consideration, as this position requires travel to all four Meigs County Library locations.
The applicant must be able to meet the basic qualifications of becoming an Ohio Notary (must live in the state of Ohio, and be at least 18 years old).
Minimum qualifications, competencies and physical demands include:
- High school diploma preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, email, printing, etc.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations
Essential functions of this position include:
- Perform circulation desk routines: answering reference questions, checking materials in and out, answering phone calls, taking requests for materials, organizing items for shipment, etc.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Assist users with computer software, accessing Internet sites, and other technology as needed
- Become familiar with the library operating system, as well as the digital collections
- Shelve materials
To apply, download the attached application and return it by mail to:
216 W. Main St.
Pomeroy, Oh 45769
The application may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply in person, inquire at any Meigs County Library location.